"I feel really proud for my family in Vietnam and my host family here in Wales. I would like to thank all my tutors for their support and dedication"
Thao Huynh, from Vietnam, studying at Llandrillo Menai International on the International Baccalaureate (IB), has been named as one of the best student physicists in the UK!
Students graduating from the International Baccalaureate programme at Llandrillo Menai College progress to the best universities in the UK. Our students consistently achieve outstanding academic results allowing them entry to Universities including Oxford, Cambridge, Durham, Warwick, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, and York.
- 94% of our students pass the IB Diploma (compared to 80% world-wide).
- Recognised world-wide for Degree-level progression to the best Universities
- Clear advice and guidance on how to get to the University of your choice
This prestigious international qualification is recognised by universities world-wide. Most students progress to a university course and study Bachelor's Degrees in subjects ranging from Finance and Law to Medicine and Psychology.
You will study six subjects – three at Higher Level and three at Standard Level – choosing one subject from each of the groups below.
- Group 1: English Literature
- Group 2: French, German, Spanish or Italian (Standard Level only)
- Group 3: History, Psychology, Geography
- Group 4: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Group 5: Mathematics: Higher & Studies
- Group 6: Visual Art or another subject from Groups 2-4
In addition, you will follow a Theory of Knowledge course, complete 150 hours of voluntary activities and write a 4,000 word extended essay.
The International Baccalaureate has been running here for 20 years, and is offered exclusively at our Llandrillo Campus, Rhos on Sea, with views of both the mountains and the sea. Although the college is a large institution, the IB is run as a small and comprehensive course taught by experienced staff, many of whom are examiners.
All students under the age of 18 (and many who are older) stay with our network of host family accommodation. Living with a family will help you to learn about British family life and practise your English at the same time.
The International Team is available to advise you on anything from accommodation and airport collection to study choices and visa applications. They will also help you to settle into College and be on hand to support you throughout your studies.